The ideal body weight is almost everyone’s dream. Not only important for health reasons, but also appearance. Not a few people want to lose weight drastically in a fast way to reach the desired weight target. In fact, not infrequently who are willing to torture themselves and avoid food. This way of a diet is not healthy. One thing that can be caused by a diet like this is the formation of gallstones.
The link between weight loss and gallstones
There have been several studies that prove that losing weight too quickly can change the saturation of cholesterol in the gallbladder, which can lead to the formation of gallstones.
One research data shows that 10-25 percent of individuals who experience rapid weight loss through a low calorie diet experience gallstones.
In several other studies, it was reported that in obese patients experience gallstones as much as 38-52 percent in 1 year, after surgery to lose weight (drastically).
Weight loss goals should be rational and gradual
Seeing the various research results above, that’s why you are advised to go through the correct and safe way if you want to lose weight. The target must be rational so as not to have a harmful impact on health.
Until now, diet, exercise, and changes in lifestyle habits are the safest ways to lose weight. Consumption of drugs and surgery performed on the basis of certain medical indications.
Keep in mind, good weight loss happens gradually and slowly. The safety benchmark is 0.5-1 kg per week.
After losing weight, here are tips to maintain it
Your focus is not only on losing weight, but also on maintaining it. It is not uncommon for people who have reached their ideal target body weight to be frustrated because the weight has returned after stopping a diet. In fact, there are also cases after stopping the diet, the weight continues to gain more than before the diet.
To achieve the ideal weight stability, the most important things you have to do are:
- Build habits to live a healthy lifestyle. You can start by limiting the amount of calorie intake, especially those containing high carbohydrates and fats.
- Reduce and limit consumption of snacks, fast food, and soft drinks or other packaged drinks that contain high sugar levels.
- Increase your intake of protein to build muscle, and fiber through fruits and vegetables to make you feel full longer.
- Exercise regularly 4-5 times a week for 30-60 minutes per session according to interest or ability.
- Stop habits such as snacking while watching television, and multiply good habits such as walking, going up and down stairs, cycling, and getting enough rest.
Extreme diets so that weight loss drastically is not recommended, because it is dangerous for health. One of them, losing weight too fast can trigger the formation of gallstones. The diet recommended by experts is setting a healthy diet, exercising, and consuming resurge pills. So, not only will you lose weight safely and healthily, but you can also maintain it in the long run.